Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Way to go Paula, way to go ...

"There's a relief in the falling apart, isn't there? I used to walk up Madison Avenue, and girls really were buying $1,500 purses just because Madonna had one. The purse thing. It had gotten insane. But then, the world is insane. I can't begin to fathom other people. All I can do is keep my own bullshit meter intact. You have to make a concerted effort to keep yourself alive, to be able to feel pain, to stop yourself from getting distanced from things by technology. Some 250,000 protestors walked up Broadway to protest the war in Iraq, and the next day it wasn't in the papers. But will that stop me from marching next time? No, I will be counted."

The Guardian interviews the magnificent Debra Winger

Love lift us up where we belong ... irresistable
.

No comments:

Post a Comment