Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Brevity is an art form

Low floor bus "at present". No telling what height it will be in June.
So I wrote an e.mail to Dumfries and Galloway Council in South West Scotland on Monday ...
Hello,
We are visiting Scotland in June (we live in Australia). We are travelling to Belfast for the weekend (3rd to 6th June). Our ferry tickets are booked.
I use a wheelchair. I cannot walk at all and, therefore, cannot climb stairs into a coach or bus
I see from your web site that Route 350 – operated by McLeans – runs between the Stranraer ferry terminal and Cairnryan ferry terminal. I want to ask if that service is wheelchair accessible?
Regards,
Dougie Herd
And came the reply ...
Dear Customer, 
Thank you for your enquiry.We have now passed this to the relevant department and asked them to respond. 
Kind Regards, 
DG Direct 
Followed today by ...
Dear Mr Herd
I refer to your email below.
At present this bus is low floor
Regards
Confirmation we can travel from Ayr, where my mother lives, to Belfast and back over land and sea by public transport. When I started out on this wheelchair malarkey - thirty-two years ago - I wouldn't have been able to make it into the train station unassisted ... never mind the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment