Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

On Phil Collins

Caroline Sullivan's blog in The Guardian started a hare running with this opening:


I don't know why but I added this
Forgive me for interrupting so late in the day but I'm increasingly confused (one is a 70s tragic so all this 1980s debate seems altogether too modern). Here's my problem: I can't stand Tories and, although Against All Odds is clearly excruciatingly embarrassing (as opposed to raw and honest, which, let's say, might describe Mandy by Bazza), Phil Collins self-serving tosh, one can't help but hum along with the tune.

Does that make me culpable? If we are what we eat may we not also become that which we give voice to whilst driving through the night listening to FM Radio (PC is quite big on Australian retro radio).

By the way (and not really to do with anything) but what might the Phil Collins who appeared at the Al Gore Save The World From Itself By Becoming Carbon Neutral Bash think of the Phil Collins who flew helicopters and Concorde between stages when the next big charity thing was Help The Starving Sub-Saharan Black People Who Us Good White Folks Need To Patronise Bash? Or is that unkind?

No comments:

Post a Comment