Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One almost feels sorry for Jet Star

Angela Catterns of ABC Radio 702 interviewed me for ten minutes in the afternoon about the wheelchair users' policy Jet Star operate requiring us to surrender our chairs at check-in rather than the gate. News outlets this morning had been all over a story told by Kurt Fearnley last night at the national disability awards (which I missed attending because of my arse). On his return from crawling the length of the Kokoda track in 8 days, Jet Star made him surrender his wheelchair at check-in. Rather than be pushed through the terminal in Brisbane on a Jet Star aisle chair, he crawled to the gate then went public. Jet Star has been in damage control all day. So I got to speak on air about this afternoon. I spoke well. That at least made this frustrating day worthwhile.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment