Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The past is another country


My inbox at work displayed the name "Stuart Anderson".  I guessed it was the same Stuart I've had no contact with since we lived 5 or 6 houses apart in the same street ... Rowan Drive in Bearsden .... until I went to university in 1976.  That's what, almost 34 years ago? 

And here we are in a photo from 1975, one of several from our period as Scouts in the 24th Glasgow.  We're standing on Hadrian's Wall (something I believe one is definitely not allowed to do these days).  I'm on the left (check out that hair!!) then there's Alec Morris, whose older sister Ann was my first true love (she dispensed with me shortly after she enrolled at university ... not that one is scarred in any way ,,, sob, sob) then there's Stuart from whom I heard from today entirely out of the blue.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment