Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

There is a world beyond the door

First time out of the flat since Monday.  We took a trip (as in Spike pushed me) to the doctor's surgery at Summer Hill to pick up a prescription because I still need antibiotics.  We had brunch in the garden cafe then pushed back to Ashfield.  Ashleigh (who used to get me out of bed when I lived in the Italian Forum) was leafleting a pre-polling site (in the building where my 'misconduct' interview took place).  We chatted then I went in to vote, breaking the Labour habit of a life time.  They forfeited any claim they might have had when they usurped democracy two months ago.  They'll survive without me. 

We lost two hours in the shopping mall of all the world''s unlikely places.  We needed to pick up my drugs.  We didn't need the 3 DVD - Serpico (from my teenage years), Papillon and the preposterous Underworld 3.  I don't actually need the shoes but I'm a happy man; ridiculous but happy.

One could watch forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment