Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

A day of new starts

We had a new colleague join us at work.  Day one for Adam and he has to help us put everything in the office into boxes in readiness for the re-furbishing that starts on Friday.  We'll have to camp out for 10 days and then get started again. But it's a less than ideal way to start your new job.

The Productivity Commission released its draft report on national disability care and support options: two volumes of closely argued case in favour of reform.  We'll be supportive.  Everyone in the sector knows though that the debate is just beginning and we all know few politicians are willing to put taxes up these days.

Day One of Semester One at university.  I'm taking two courses: Literature and Cinema & American Foundations.  The first lectures in both courses were fun.  For the first time in over thirty years I finally got Roland Barthes joke about Mort d'Auteur.  How planet-sized can my brain be if I hadn't thought properly about the simple fact that Barthes was French, writing in French.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the term.

I submitted Kaboom to Mark Stanton at Jenny Brown and Associates (literary agents) in Edinburgh.  Mr Stanton wrote back today saying if you don't hear from me within three weeks I'm not your agent.  Tick tock, clock ticking.

As usual, we'll see where tomorrow takes us.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment