Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Five former prawns at Thai Number One (since 1992)


Dinner on my own because Spike was working late in the studio, polishing glass (or was it the wooden base?)  Polishing for sure.  I dined at a local cheap n cheerful Thai restaurant for the first time.  It's funny how events or circumstances lead you to new experiences - even if it's only a plate of chilli basil noodles with prawns prepared for my table in about two minutes.  My van's electrics are broken so I took the train home from work.  Spike's working late so I'm fending for myself (and had a quick curry in mind from the shop between the station and Liverpool Road).  But the lift to the Liverpool Road side, which was out of order yesterday but back in order this morning, was back out of order this evening so I descended to ground level on the opposite side of the tracks.  And there I saw Thai Number One restaurant ("since 1992" the legend boldly proclaims.  So Thai it was.  No complaints here.