Pages

Friday, July 06, 2012

Speak softly and carry a big box of chocolates?

My thank you gift from the National Union of Students for speaking today at day three of its education conference.  I was asked to talk about the National Disability Insurance Scheme.  I covered everything from the bubonic plague and the Ordinance of Labourers of 1349 through to my observation that most lesbians don't testify to their sexuality by putting spots on their foreheads.  My generous audience lapped it all up then gave prolonged and stormy applause (as the Communist Party reprints of Lenin's better-known speeches used to note).  Spike opened the chocolates when she returned from her night out.  I'll pay for those unnecessary calories with extra time on my Titanic 800!!!! Three days in a row now since Spike installed it.  Let's hope it's a trend emerging.