Pages

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Titanic 800

Get Muscular, Stronger, Unbeaten
TITANIC 800
200 LBS. RESISTANCE
OVER 200 KILLER EXERCISES
Just 11 Minutes Every time ...

Well that's what it says on the box.  Spike picked up the exercise kit from the post office in the large box sent by the good people  at Zazz (one bargain-price item ... and only one item on sale ... each day).  It's a pulley system (with three differently weighted cords) that hangs on the back of a door.  After Spike set up the gizmo on the door to our spare bedroom I started my first session: 15 minutes of pulling weights (which probably took closer to 25 minutes by the time I stopped faffing about) trying 4 quite distinct exercises.  I had to work hard (for me) on two of them.  I think this new arrangement is going to work.  I'm very glad.

I am definitely weaker now than I've been for years.  I must get stronger and fitter if I am to regain and retain functional independece. So I now have no excuse. I need to put in at least fifteen minutes every day to start with and build up.  If I don't report real improvements within a couple of months I'm a fraud.