Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2016

A Sonnet

I completed a sonnet, which will be my third poem for the portfolio of writing that's to be assessed for my creative writing course at the ANU. It's called, 'Is There an App for This?' Here's the first verse,


No txt emoji known to man or beast,
No night spent swiping left or right,
No ‘Fitbit’-measured heartbeat much increased
Placates the sad, rejected lover’s plight.

So that's all the first draft's completed.
  • Margaret and the Dali, a short-story
  • Good Lord, is that the time already?, a free form poem
  • Custodians, a vilanelle
  • Is There an App for This?, a sonnet
Final drafts and a two-page account of my editing decisions are required by the 2nd June. But we're leaving Australia, week after next, for five weeks in the northern hemisphere so I have to submit the finished portfolio before we go. After that we shall see what's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment