Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Curtain Call

Day ten of the 28Days28Plays writing challenge from The Space performing arts and community centre based in a converted church on the Isle of Dogs, East London.  Today's challenge was given to us in these terms.
Write a play that never ends. That's it.  Simple!
It has a beginning. Sure! It has a middle. Of sorts. But... woah! What the what?! Holy smoking guacamole! No end?
No! No end! No end! It just goes on and on and on and on and on and ... you get the drift.
But here's the trick! For bonus points - don't make it cyclical (that's far too easy!)
Anton Chekhov
And I responded by writing a 15 minute play in which Agatha Christie meets Noises Off meets Chekhov and they all bump into Beckett near the never-end. (Spike said she laughed out loud ... which is a good thing cos I was trying to be funny.)

Not in my wildest dreams would I have conceived of such an idea or simply open up a new blank page and write it in about five hours. I cannot adequately describe how grateful I am to The Space for organising this month-long challenge. I love every minute of it. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment