Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dreamer

And if we fade
when time has done
with all the games
we've often played
through years we knew
not how to count
the meaning of
the joy we'd found

with no hopes lost
before those lives
we thought we'd bought
were sold again
for half the cost
of old mistakes
and tired friends
surrendering

will we know how
to start again,
to see anew
this how and when
and if we do
will we see through
the eyes of men
yet wondering?

Oh, let me know
how easy lives go,
show me all
those tired men know,
remain my friend
to tell me when ...
the end
will one day be

but never tell me
not to play
with who we were
when we were free
nor dim the lights
of life to come
before at last
we must succumb.


(I listened too many times to Clint Eastwood and Jamie Cullum perform their brilliant Gran Torino. This came. And now I'm off to bed. Old fool that I am.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment