Pages

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Hail the conquering hero


A belated part of my gifts from Santa awaited my arrival at the breakfast table.  The board game called Cathedral was hidden within the coolest gift-wrapping imaginable (machine-sewn remnants of previously used Christmas paper).  Spike and I played two games.  I lost the first of course (continuing the long line of defeats suffered by me on Christmas Day in her parents' house).  I am pleased / relieved / proud / thankful (delete as appropriate) to announce / confirm / boast / note humbly (delete as unlikely) that I secured a famous victory in the second match.  One-all and everything to play for ... unless I lose, in which case we'll go on forever.  Oddly, we opened the set with its purple cathedral on the very same day I start to read Purple Hibiscus in which Roman Catholicism plays an important part.  Ooooo ... beyond the Twilight Zone!

Cathedral game web site
.

No comments:

Post a Comment