Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

I am flabbergasted

I received a second cheque from Sydney University, last week.  This time for $500.  I thought it might be a mistake but Spike fished-out the letter that accompanied the cheque and discovered what I hadn't bothered to read (my defence is that I claim to be a big picture person ... not so good on detail, which is a euphemism for lazy).  It turns out I've won another prize at the University; this time the 2010 Walter Reid Memorial Prize.

Walter Reid was Secretary to the Bar Association of NSW.  The letter stated:

The prize shall be awarded annually without application to students currently enrolled in any undergraduate degree course in the Faculty of Arts or the Faculty of Law on the basis of academic merit in the previous year.

This Award came / comes as such a surprise.  It has set me to thinking.  My too casual attitude won't do.  I need to get properly down to academic business ... 35 years late but better late than never.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment