Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Not-Shakespeare

Sam Jordison of The Guardian Online wrote a clever blog in Guardian Books about how "some prose styles are so powerful they can take over your own. Whose are the most potent?"  I posted the assault upon Shakespeare's Macbeth below.  Silly but fun (at least I had fun).
 
I borrow, and I borrow, and I borrow
Treats from the very place we see you see
In the vast miracle of written works,
Where all the mysteries of gifted fools
Give way to poor pastiche. Enough already!
We’re only faking talent, bloggers blogging
We strut and fret this hour upon the page
Then we are read no more: Mine is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of quote and misquote,
Signifying nothing.

With apologies to … everyone really

(but WS most of all).

GO TO BED.  You have an essay on irony to write by Tuesday!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment