Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Snakes and ladders

Maybe I mean two paces forward then one pace back (although the board game metaphor fits better with an idea Spike is considering for one of her course projects).  I'm back in bed.  It's not my abscess this time, which is present still but getting smaller.  No, it's damaged, tired, worn skin above my bottom. 

I'm sitting on a very temporary measure, a cheap, inflatable rubber ring that provides space and air exactly below the abscess site.  Something seems to be happening to an arc of skin corresponding to the rear portion of the ring.  I don't know what's caused the damage because last time (November last year) I didn't have this problem.  But the skin is in danger of breaking down so I need to be off it.  Need one say I've known more uplifting days?

No comments:

Post a Comment