Pages

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The i.tune of J Alfred Prufrock

I watched a short clip at Guardian Online Books about a new iPad app from Faber on T S Eliot's The Waste Land.  I was super-impressed.  This app, on its own, makes me want an iPad.  I added the joke below to the comments section.  Silly but I enjoyed myself.

Let us go then, you and I,
To the Apple store and buy, buy, buy
Like an addict stupefied by news`from Faber;
Let us go, like certain half - demented geeks,
Who mutter on for weeks
Through restless nights of world wide web soft sells
Of awesome Apps of which the Guardian tells:
Geeks who need no facile argument
Of insidious intent
To lead me to an overwhelming question ...
I need not ask "What is it?'
I'm hot to trot and make my visit.

forgive me TSE and poetry lovers everywhere ... overcome with pleasure.

The app looks wonderful. What a debt we owe to those excellent folk at Faber (and not for this fascinating product alone).

Must have, must have, must have said the green eyed monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment