Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Intermezzo

Intermezzo Italian Restaurant SydneySo, we were taken out to lunch by one of consultants.  it was a well-intentioned thank you to a customer.  Nice people shame about the meal.  It wasn't bad.  That much was true.  Average.  Ordinary.  Those are words that come to mind.  We were taken to Intermezzo in the old GPO in Martin Place.  My crispy skin snapper lay before me on a bed of black caviar lentils.  The fish seemed dry, devoid of any character, lacking in anything snapperish.  The lentils were greeny black and that's about as much as one could say about them.  The accompanying roasted potatoes bordered on the mushy beneath the skin.  If I'd wanted mash, I'd have asked for mash.  God, I'm sounding churlish and ungrateful.  What can I tell you?  Never going back.