Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

It was seven years ago today ...

... or thereabouts. This photo appeared in my Facebook feed this morning telling me it was a post from seven years ago. Really? ... I thought. Did we see Leonard Cohen on St. Valentine's Day? No, a Google search quickly confirmed. It was the 31st January.

This is true nevertheless. That was the best concert I've attended in my life. Quite brilliant be a singer, song-writer, poet, performer at the peak of his powers. I have been listening to Leonard Cohen singing since my older brother bought Songs of Leonard Cohen in maybe 1968 or 1969. I was eleven or twelve years old. 


When he started with "Come over to the window, my little darling ..." there may have been a welling-up in my Scottish Presbyterian old-man's eyes. A good night to be out and about with Spike.

No comments:

Post a Comment