Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Sesqui Show?

No, I don't think it's a brilliant title for an art show either. Never mind. We visited Gallery Adagio in Glebe Point Road this evening to attend the opening of an event described as The Sesqui Show - 150 Year Celebration: A response by artists to the history of Glebe. Maybe it was, Maybe it wasn't. That hardly matters.

Our friend Craig was exhibiting four of his vividly coloured works; Fauvist pieces that begin with a photograph. I was able to catch less than half of the show, most of it being upstairs in the small gallery. Not to worry. I may not have missed much. I did like some of the Peter Travis ceramics on show. I suspect they may have been the best of all that was on offer.

Dinner after the show was, to say the best one can, thoroughly ordinary. We joined Craig and a few of his friends at a cheap and cheerful pasta, pide and pizza place called More's a little farther along Glebe Point Road. Not the best in the strip. Not by a long chalk.

On the way back to the bus ... yes, the van is STILL off the road ... I ignored a dog that barked at me from a pavement cafe. I was aware that Spike paused, I thought to pat the dog. It turns out that her glass-blowing tutor Uri was sitting with the woman who owns the gallery in which we bought our Holly Grace. I pushed on regardless while Spike chatted, thereby missing an opportunity to maybe be sociable and meet some people of importance in Spike's life. I can be an insufferable and stubborn old fool at times. I will NOT be that rude again and just because I was not aware of who the dog's owner was I have no damn excuse for being a dickhead.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment