Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Why let work benefit?

I have no university class this evening; this being week three of a three week break. So I stayed in the office, working late on draft policy papers including my thoughts on notes that I'll use to lead a discussion on legal capacity with members of the State Parliament's Social Affairs Committee. I can't quite get my head around how I should approach the subject. Maybe it will come together in a coherent thought soon. Maybe it'll be one of my more embarrassing moments.

I do wonder (but only a little) why I give the free time I've gained with the university break to my employer? It's because I always do, of course. But why not give it to my writing - to my second novel that I still haven't a real grasp of or my poetry, which still lacks the transcendence good poetry needs. One day I'll learn. Or not, as the case may be.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment