Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Parliament in the morning (my thoughts came together, which meant my session did too) then Chairing the Lifetime Care and Support Authority Advisory Council in the afternoon. I ambled down Macquarie Street to Hyde Park where I paused for a while by the fountain, in the sun, watching lunch time unfold in the heart of the city. Lovely.

When I decided to move on through the trees that are doomed by some blight (apparently) I headed first to galleries Victoria for a Laksa its makers claim is the best in Sydney. It's not but it did the job. After that I was drawn to Kinokinuya, as I always am when in that space. I Bought Follow the Rabbit-Proof Fence for me and Rooftops, a graphic novel by Mandy Ord, for Spike. That book store is an irresistible treasure trove.

Naturally, at least in my universe, travelling through the underground mall adjacent to Town Hall station necessitates a detour to the German bread shop. It IS a hard life I live, isn't it?

Noodles with Spike in the evening. The second glass of cheap wine is ALWAYS a mistake. (Actually, even one glass of cheap wine is a debatable decision ... but we're human; we forget or live in hope. We should learn, however, that hope and cheap wine never meet).
.

No comments:

Post a Comment