Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Hamlet didn't listen either

Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

I should have listened to Polonius (Hamlet, Act 1, scene 3). I gave up two hours of my life to the St George Bank today as I try to arrange the re-financing of the loan on the apartment. First, I tell my sad tale to the branch manager; then to the lending adviser; then to the clerk who processes the application. How many people need to know my sorry tale of financial and relationship failure?

It seems there will be more drawn in. Now that the application has been assessed it has to be authorised by another St George employee at some centralised loans office (although as I sat with Ramsee, the third branch official I'd spoken to this morning I received an SMS to tell me my loan had been "pre-approved subject to meeting conditions"). That's about as meaningful as the Dada movement in art.

Maybe I should take out a full page advert in the Sydney Morning Herald ... financial incompetent seeks even more fucking debt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment